Tuesday, May 19, 2009

International Day

Today was International Day at Ciara's school. Each class presented a different country on a trip around the world. The trip ended when the flight returned to the United States. Ciara's class represented USA and closed the show. She had a good time and it was a fun day and I am so glad I was able to go and spend the day with her as Dad stayed at home with the littlest kidlet.

She's the cute one in the middle :o)


It's blurry, but I thought it was cute!

On a side note... some of you know I conducted an Irish Dancing "boot camp" as I was recruited by the 4th grade to teach them some Irish dances. Being a hermit or recluse or whatever you like to call it by nature, this was a big step for me and I had a blast! (The fact that dancing after all these years didn't cause a cardiac infarction was a plus.) The students were so eager to learn and very receptive and quickly learned their steps. They were always gracious and respectful to me and I loved the experience. They opened the show this morning and were quite a hit.

After the performances, we went to all the classrooms to sample various treats from all over the world. All the proceeds go to the Sisters of St. Louis mission work.

6 comments:

Ro said...

Sounds like everyone had a great time - even you with the dancing! I don't supposed anyone snapped some oics of that, did they? :-)

PIM said...

No they didn't! And I thank the universe for that.

Mary said...

Ro beat me to the question! No dancing PIM pics?

Ciara looked like she was having a blast. I imagine she's counting down the last few weeks of school for summer vacation! :)

PIM said...

Ladies, ladies. I have an image to maintain and a reputation at stake. You think I'd risk either of those by allowing photos of me dancing? Surely you jest.

Ciara did have a ball, Mary, and she has her paper chain summer countdown going.

Nana said...

How much fun can one school have?? My granddaughter looks adorable, but no surprise there!!

Stephanie said...

Ciara looks like she is having a wonderful time representing our United States. :o)

I wish I could've seen the fruits of your teaching labors. I bet those kids had a blast. I think you might have to consider becoming a dance teacher on the side. You know because there are just so many hours in your day where you have nothing to do. ;o)

**covers Alexia's eyes**

Psssssssst! Mary and Ro I'm sure there was someone at that school who caught the magic with their camera phone. We just need to do a little investigating that's all.