Friday, June 25, 2010

Brendan's Last Day of School - June 18, 2010

My boy had the nerve to finish his Junior year in high school which means that -- horror of horrors -- he will be a senior in the Fall. ACK! Because he made such tremendous progress this school year, he is being placed in a high school/transition class in September. Yay, Brendan!
This is how I found him minutes before he woke for the day at 3am to go to school. He is snoring away under that blanket.

Right after school... clearly the 3am awakening is catching up.

Posted by Picasa
The girls and I were planning to pick him up at school on his last day and take him out for a last day of school treat. When I mentioned this to him, he laughed. Yes, laughed! And said haltingly, but clearly, "No, fank you, Mom. I want bus." I guess it's not cool for Moms and little sisters to pick up almost seniors for treats :o)

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Well, you know he does have a rep to protect. :o) I'm impressed he can give a smile after a long day and waking up at 3 am. When that happens to me I am no where near smiling. :o( Congrats on the move to the high school/transition class!!

Auntie Ro said...

LOL! The first pic is what I was like when I had to go to school!

Congrats on the graduating!

Mary said...

I had to laugh at him picking the bus over Mom and the girls. That teenage pride revealed itself, didn't it! Congrats to Mr. B for his transition!!!!

Auntie Kat said...

Not to take away from the fact that this made me laugh, it also makes me weepy to read about these things. I love, love, LOVE that he is communicating so well - it is freaking awesome!