Friday, December 03, 2010

Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful... Beautiful Boy

Happy 18th Birthday,
Brendan Michael Madigan!

You entered this strange world on December 3, 1992 at 12:20pm weighing 7lbs 3oz.

From that point until now, you have been one of the most treasured gifts I have ever been given. I am blessed for having you grace my life. You have taught me and those around you patience, perseverance, and the ability to smile in even the most trying of times.

Your life has had more challenges than any person should have in several lifetimes and through it all you have made me and those who are open to your gift better people.

You have taught me the beauty of "squeeze, please", the importance of "I'll be right there", and the need to sometimes tell people "don't bug me". And a little"french fries (or cookies), please" never hurt anyone.

You are a protective brother to Ciara and Áine and far more tolerant of their sisterly intrusions than any other 18 year old young man.

For this and so much more, I adore you and I love you. And I thank God every day for choosing me to be your Mom.







Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Mary said...

Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday Mr. B! You are truly an inspiration to us all. And no, the occasional cookie or french fry never hurt anyone. I hope you indulge in both on your special day!

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday, Brendan! What a wonderful gift you are indeed. I consider it a blessing to have had the pleasure of meeting such an awesome young man!

I love seeing his baby pictures! Thank you for sharing your memories of your baby boy. :o)

Nana said...

Happy birthday to our very special young man! Brendan you are a joy and a wonder!! I am so proud of you! Tons of love and blessings!