Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Long time between posts

A lot has happened since my last post on Easter Sunday.

John had a total right knee replacement on April 26th which went fairly well, but he did have a few complications and stayed longer in the hospital than initially expected.

He followed this up with a heart attack on May 9th complete with two post-op appointments in the morning where both docs missed the signs of an impending heart attack, the two of us witnessing a car accident in front of us on the way home from said doc appointments, the chest pain and pain radiating down his arm in my mini-van, a hurried drive around the corner to an urgent care center replete with my rushing in and announcing my husband was having a heart attack in the parking lot, ending with a 911 call, a trip to Arcadia Methodist Hospital in the ambulance, two stents placed, and a couple days stay. Ah, ain't life spectacular?

John mended well upon his return home, but had to return to work earlier than anticipated the day after Memorial Day. He is doing well now and continues with his physical therapy.

The kidlets have been moving along, doing their things. This week is the last week of school for all three of them. Big changes on the horizon for Aine and Mom which is bittersweet for Mom and will take some adjusting to, but will be good in the end.

I am about to bombard the family blog with Aine posts, but rest assured the big kidlets will return on their last day of school this Friday.

Thanks to those of you who continue to follow our Madigan Shenanigans.

2 comments:

Nana said...

So glad the blog is back!! I've missed the pics and stories of my favorite redheads and their incredible mom!! Can't wait to see you all!!

Stephanie said...

I love when you update the blog! I think I come here everyday after facebook and before the school web site.lol :o)