Monday, December 05, 2011

Áine Clare update

Miss Áine Clare will be having revision brain surgery on Thursday, January 19, 2012 at UCLA. Dr. Mathern will be her surgeon again.

Her surgeon will remove a portion of the brain on the right hemisphere close to the brain stem. The surgery has a 50/50 chance of controlling her seizures. The wonderful news is that barring any complications, she will not lose any present skill level.

In the mean time, she will be weaned off one of her anti-convulsant medications and another one will take its place.

I will post more information as I know more and as we get closer to her surgery date.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I will be praying for your precious Aine Clare! Keeping my eyes firmly planted on the positive 50% . =)

Nana said...

We will all be "storming heaven" for this sweet child. I will have my prayer list people lined up!!
Love you, sweet Aine Clare!!

Mary said...

Yes, there will be prayers upon prayers for our favorite red haired princess. Keep us posted on all the details!