Monday, July 20, 2009

A Rare Visit from Auntie Kat

The first picture was supposed to be a picture of Brendan with his beloved Auntie Kat, but it was the last picture I took before removing my media card and inserting into my media card reader only to receive the message that the card was empty and needed to be reformatted. What?! After panicking (okay - flipping out) for a few minutes, I downloaded a software called Card Recovery and all 166 pictures minus the picture of Brendan and Auntie were saved. So glad to have the photos back, but sad that there is no photo Brendan and Auntie.




Ciara and Auntie Kat.



Áine (mid-chew) and Auntie Kat.


Auntie Kat and Ciara posing in front of Santa Monica Beach. The important place for us was the Tudor House across the street where we had just enjoyed tea :o)





We enjoyed our time with Auntie Kat who graciously immersed herself in our schedule. She tolerated Ciara's latest TV addiction - Wife Swap. The night she arrived, Áine was asleep, but we took Auntie in to see her. Áine's hand reached out of her blanket for her and Áine felt her nails like she used to and then Auntie spoke and Áine shot up in that bed and just had to come out for a visit that first night if only for a few minutes. So sweet! Thank you for coming out here, Trina the May-May! (don't ask)

2 comments:

stephanie said...

Those are precious moments and you have them to cherish forever! I'm so glad you were able to recover your pictures.

Let Ciara know that I secretly enjoy some Wife Swap too. :o)

Auntie Kat said...

DAMN - no pic of Cuteness with me??? Well, his solo shot is fantastic. The pics from your phone in Santa Monica came out nicely, too. And thanks for having me and feeding me Taco Lita!!