Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Striking fear into the heart

Ciara was asked to assist her brother in cleaning his room.

Within seconds, after a panicked call for help, Ciara shakily pointed to an item on the carpet and asked if it was real or fake. Upon closer inspection, Mom announced that while it may no longer be moving, it was in fact real. Ciara proceeded to lose her ever-lovin' "I am 10 years old but 16 in my mind" mind and ran screaming from the room swearing to never re-enter said dwelling, to never wear the dress she had on, and to beg for a shower.

The fearsome object of this panic? Here goes...
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

Needless to say, big brother the collector of all things animal, happily flapped his hands and jumped for joy as Mom hurriedly picked it up and disposed of it not so properly in the nearest trash can.

5 comments:

Mary said...

I guess we can be thankful it didn't sit up and try and sell you car insurance like that gecko on the commercial. Mom might have been freaked out, too. :)

Stephanie said...

I can't say as I blame her.

Ciara, I'm right there with you running from the room screaming. You go girl!!

Just goes to show you that no good deed like helping your brother clean his room goes unpunished.lol

Anonymous said...

Ya' gotta love our St. Francis!!! Your girls are wimps!!!

Love you anyway.
Nana

grumpyrocks said...

I think she might have planted it there so she will never have to help clean here brother's room again.

Well, at least that's what I might have done!

Auntie Kat said...

I am just happy I did not find this when I was visiting - and I'm totally with Ciara on her reaction. As for Nana, I'd like to see her face if she stepped on said finding...:)